YOUR ART AT THE CHIANCIANO EXPO
In the upcoming Exhibition:
"Expressions of the Mind"
5th - 30th July 2017
What you win (more details below):
- Your art in the EXPO's Chelsea Gallery
- Your art in 3 publications
- Personal Press Exposure Editorials
- Exhibition in 12th Century medieval Piazza
- A great opportunity for your career
What is the Chianciano EXPO?
A 12th Century town transformed into a vast collection of exhibition spaces ranging from art, science, medieval weapons/armour, astronomy and fashion to history. The art on permanent show ranges from Toulouse-Lautrec to fashion drawing by Giorgio Armani and photography by Pulitzer Prize winner Lonnie Schlein.
Each of the 3 winning artists will receive all of the following:
- Exhibition of one week in the Chelsea Gallery in Piazza Matteotti (the main square of the 12th Century town)
Artists can show two works up to 100cm x 100cm or one larger work.
The installation of art is carried out by Chianciano Art Museum curators
- Art Critique Document
Service included in participation cost but subject to critical approval of the committee (verdict communicated within three working days and prior to any financial commitment). The artist will benefit from a professional art critique by the International Confederation of Art Critics related to the artworks displayed. This critical document will be an A5 booklet consisting of an art critique, artist biography, artist photo and three works. The artist has the right to use and republish the critique to benefit their career during and after the exhibition. 100 prints of the document are included within the exhibition fee. Please click here to see a sample critique.
- Official Expo Publication
Service included in participation cost. "Chianciano EXPO 2017: The Contemporary Art and the Medieval Setting" book is a hardback of approximately 80 pages that will gain international visibility. The publication will be posted for sale on Amazon's global portal and sent to the British Library, the Bodleian Libraries of the University of Oxford, the Cambridge University Library, the National Library of Scotland, the Library of Trinity College, Dublin and the National Library of Wales. Sponsored by the Chianciano Art Museum. Please click here and see the cover and the two pages dedicated to the artist of the 2016 publication.
- Your Personal Digital Catalogue
A 20 page digital broshure with your work will be created and published on-line. The document is professionally made and print-ready. The artist ais given all the rights to print and use the document and texts for life. The catalogue is composed 10 pages related to the EXPO (Tolouse-Loutrec exhibition, The Chianciano Art Museum, Medieval grottos) and 10 pages related to the artist, including the front cover featuring the artist's work. Up to 8 Artworks by the arist will be published with a biography, C.V. and artist statement. The catalogue can be printed at the EXPO on request. Please click here and see the personal digital catalogue.
- Press Exposure
The artist will have articles posted in Artnewsreport.com, Artpress24.com, Americanartnews.org and Artworldtalk.net. The articles will be editorials related to the artist and the participation in the EXPO that will create a strong web presence for the artist.
Chianciano EXPO info
- The prize offered above is an existing exposure package offered by the Chianciano EXPO.
- The usual cost of the exposure package including the week exhibition is €450 (euros) and we are pleased to offer it for free (excluding admin fee) as our prize to the best three applicants.
- For more information and details please click here
Eligibility and Requirements
Just your Art, Nothing else
- Are you a visual artist? That's it.
- Or would you like to apply on behalf of an artist? This is accepted for living artists.
Selection Process and Deadline
Create, Apply and Win
- Artists are selected purely on the basis of talent.
- Deadline: 10th June 2017
- The 3 winners will be communicated on the 13th June 2017.
- The selection process is Open!
How to Apply
- Fill out the form (link below) with the artist's name and an email address.
- £5 administrative application fee.
- We will then email you within 24 hours (Monday-Friday) requesting 5 artwork images by email.
- That's it.