Roberto Gagliardi was born in Aosta in 1946, his father was Franco Gagliardi and his mother was Isalina Anselmet.
Mr Gagliardi studied at "Convitto Nazionale" of Aosta, "La Salle College" in Turin and in London at the Birkbeck College.
Mr Gagliardi has three children; Vanessa who studied at the linguistic lyceum of Courmayeur, obtained a degree in Aosta to become a teacher and currently teaches at a Jesuit college; Francesco who studied at Oxford University, Bocconi University and Copenhagen University subsequently obtaining a managerial position with Google Italy for approximately 10 years and; Peter who studied law at University College London and Florence University, specialised in copyright and intellectual property, is currently involved in the family art business.
Mr Gagliardi has made significant contributions to art over his long career as a curator, art critic and collector:
- Founded the Chianciano Art Museum
- Organised the Biennale of Chianciano
- Organised the Chianciano International Art Award
- Organised the London Art Biennale
- Hosted exhibitions in institutions such as the Victoria & Albert Museum and Lord Leighton Museum.
- Recovered numerous important Italan artworks from around the world and brought them back to Italy to be shown in the Chianciano Art Museum:
- Portrait of Pope Pius V by Palms the Younger (Provenance: Cervini and Bellanti Counts 16 Century, Sir Robert Dick 1842)
- Bust of Queen Maria Jose' of Italy, executed by her mother Queen Elizabeth of Belgium (Provenance: Savoia Collection)
- Large portrait of King Umberto II (Provenance: Savoia Collection)
- Icon by Buccellati given by Pope Pius XII to Princess Margaret of England (Provenance: Windsor Collection)
Mr Gagliardi has worked with some of the largest organisations in the world such as:
- The United Nations
- La Cité Universitaire of Geneva
- The Arab League of Geneva
- Universal Studios, Los Angeles
- Rank Organisation
- Italian Chamber of Commerce, London
- RAI offices, London
- Islamic Conference Centre, Kuwait
Image - Mr Roberto Gagliardi with Coucillor Christopher Buckmaster, Mayor of Kensinton and Chelsea 2013.